PARN was saddened to hear of the passing of Tony Jennings, Registrar & Executive Director of the Ontario Professional Foresters Association (OPFA). Tony was a member of our PARN Steering Group.
Ian (Tony) Howard Hamilton Jennings passed away quietly late on December 10, 2013 surrounded by family, following a year long battle with para nasal sinus cancer, at Ian Anderson House hospice in Oakville, Ontario.
Since 2005, Tony has been the Registrar and Executive Director of our PARN Member, the Ontario Professional Foresters Association (OPFA), until just a month before his death.
Tony also served on boards for numerous organisations including:
- Conservation Council of Ontario
- Ontario Aggregate Resources Corporation
- Ontario Professional Foresters Association (Blue Ribbon Panel and Editorial Board)
- Governor General's Canadian Leadership Conference
- American Public Power Association
- International Coach Federation
In keeping with his wishes, Tony donated his body to the University of Toronto for further study of his rare cancer, continuing his legacy of service even beyond his life.
There will be a gathering to share memories the first weekend of March of 2014. Further details about Tony's life and legacy, as well as details of the gathering in March, will shortly be available.
You can read Tony's obituary online: