Start making the most of social media!
Social media is a powerful tool for supporting your professional activities. It can help you build networks, enhance organisational processes and work practices and boost your personal career development.
If you’ve ever wanted to exploit the power of social media but didn’t know where to start, this course is for you. You’ll consider how social media can help you achieve your own professional goals, explore some of the most common social media platforms and discover how other organisations and individuals use social media in a professional context. You’ll develop your own personal social media brand, start to build an online professional network and discover diverse new sources of specialist information. Finally, you’ll consider how social media can be used for marketing, organising events or managing collaborative and remote-working projects.
Throughout, you’ll access targeted information delivered across a range of blogs and social networks.
Social Media for Professionals is part of our peer-enriched suite of learning. Peer-enriched learning courses stimulate intelligent dialogue and debate and provide a valuable and evolving resource of professional knowledge and experience. These courses are topical, practical and highly relevant to today’s changing market. Each module is split into two activities: Understanding the issues and Putting it into practice. The first encourages you to think about a topic, drawing on your own professional experience and knowledge. The second helps you put ideas and/or theories into practice as part of your day-to-day work.
This course enables you to:
- Define your own professional goals in using social media
- Identify the most personally relevant social media platforms and tools
- Appreciate the importance of social media etiquette and appropriate privacy settings
- Use social media to stay up-to-date
- Develop your personal social media brand
- Build an online professional network
- Monitor the effectiveness of your social media activity
- Avoid information overload
- Integrate social media as a tool within your wider organisational practices