The Landscape Institute is the UK Royal Chartered body for professional practitioners in landscape design, management, planning and science.
It is a registered charity dedicated to protecting, conserving and enhancing the natural and built environment. It has a membership of just under 6000 who work in rural and urban environments, in public and private sectors and in the UK and abroad.
They are looking for an Examinations and CPD Officer to join their Education and Membership team.
About This Role
Job Title: Examinations and CPD Officer
The postholder will take a pro-active lead in running the Institute’s Chartership examinations, Pathway to Chartership and other designated routes to chartered status, CPD sessions for members and annual CPD recall.
- To manage, monitor and report on the operation of the Pathway to Chartership and oral examination
- To respond to inquiries from members and others about the Pathway to Chartership, CPD and the wider work of the team, providing a high standard of customer service
- To identify training needs within the profession and provide CPD offers to address them.
- To manage and report on the annual audit of compliance with the Institute’s CPD requirements.
- To contribute to the development of LI policy in respect of the education and professional development of members.
- To provide management information as required and contribute to the efficient administration of the department.
- To maintain a good level of knowledge of and expertise in current trends in the professional education sector and support colleagues in developing their knowledge and understanding.
- To assist within the office to meet the demands of throughput of work as necessary.
- To attend relevant events as required.
- (NB some occasional travel and out of hours working may be required for which time off in lieu is given).
- Education to degree level and familiarity with the education sector and/or chartered professions.
- Demonstrable management or team leader experience in a knowledge-based and/or customer service oriented environment.
- Experience of standard-setting, codes of conduct or policy guidelines, and compliance monitoring, including data protections.
- Experience of conducting research, analysing data and writing reports.
Essential Key Skills and Attributes
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to write in clear, grammatically correct English.
- Knowledge of relevant IT packages and online applications.
- Integrity, initiative and discretion.
- Ability to take senior level responsibility.
- Team player, with a flexible approach to a rapidly developing working environment.
- Sympathy with the objects and purposes of the Landscape Institute and the not-for–profit sector.
How To Apply
Candidates for this post are asked to supply the following information via email to [email protected]:
- Full CV
- Statement in support of the application
Deadline to apply is 5pm Monday 7 October 2013.