Andy Friedman, CEO of PARN, will be running our Managing Volunteers course in Edinburgh in May and June 2014.
PARN is very pleased to announce that the Law Society of Scotland are hosting the courses and sending around twenty of their staff along on the training. There are a limited number of additional places available for staff from other professional bodies and we do hope the days will provide real value for participants.
After going on a PARN Training Course, Neil Stevenson, Director of Representation & Professional Support at the Law Society of Scotland suggested they have in-house training for their staff. He told us:
"Training with PARN provides valuable content and the chance to reflect with peers."
About the Managing Volunteers Course
Our course on Managing Volunteers can equip you to better support the volunteers you engage with, whether that's in regional branch networks, special interest groups or at head office.
This course will also acquaint you with recent work on volunteer management produced by general support agencies for volunteering in the UK, Canada, Australia and the USA as well as recent PARN research into the area.
- Good practice guidelines in the management of volunteers
- Problems of recruitment and retention of volunteers in professional bodies
- Roles and competences wanted from volunteers
- Understanding problems in relations between paid staff and volunteers and encouraging improved relations
- Forms of support for managers of volunteers
Who is the course aimed at?
- Strategic senior staff and particularly HR directors
- Staff who manage volunteers
- Volunteers who manage other volunteers
Book Your Place
Choose from either of the following dates and book your place online now: