Following the success of 2018's Biomedical Science Day, IBMS are changing the date to allow more people to get involved.
19th July 2018 was a great success for Biomedical Science Day with around 150 hospital laboratories across the UK taking part. However, feedback from members suggested that the date prevented many other hospital laboratories and staff getting involved.
So armed with this information, IBMS has decided to move the date to from July to Thursday 20th June 2019.
This new date will enable to the Institute of Biomedical Science to:
- Encourage more hospitals in Northern Ireland and Scotland to take part
- Ensure the date never falls on a weekend – Thursdays will be the preference
- Work with schools across the UK to create lesson plans and resources to promote Biomedical Science Day and the profession
- Celebrate our founder Albert Norman’s birthdate in a different way
- We shall review the date and impact after next year’s event, but current plans are for the date to remain on the 3rd Thursday of June