We're delighted to welcome the Expert Witness Institute (EWI) as our newest member!
The Expert Witness Institute (EWI) was launched in November 1996 to service and support experts. It acts as a voice for the expert witness community, supporting experts from all professional disciplines and lawyers who use the services of experts. The Institute functions to encourage, train and educate experts and to improve and maintain their standards and status. The EWI actively works with a wide range of professional bodies to achieve this.
- Acts as a voice for expert witnesses, especially in communicating with the media
- Provides support to experts of all professional disciplines
- Encourages lawyers to make use of experts wherever specialised knowledge is required
- Engages in the training of experts to maintain and enhance standards and their status
- Works actively with other allied professional bodies and associations
- Makes representations to Government and to professional bodies and associations
Find out more about the EWI via their website