Finance Special Interest Group Meeting
22 February 2018
Hosted by haysmacintyre
10 Queen Street Place, London, EC4R 1AG
(View on a map)
About the Event
PARN's Finance Special Interest Group is specifically tailored to staff and volunteers in the professional body sector.
Join our popular finance special interest group to discuss relevant issues for professional body staff working in finance.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
16:00 – 16:15 Registration and welcome
16:15 - 17:10 Security and Financial Fraud
- Julie McArdle, Customer Security Manager, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Simon Bulleyment, Director of haysmacintyre IT Consultants Ltd
Julie and Simon will discuss the threat of fraud and how it occurs; the common types of fraud and the types of scam; and a case study on social engineering
17:10 – 17:30 Dealing with HMRC Enquiries
- Nick Bustin, haysmacintyre’s employment tax director
- Alice Palmer, haysmacintyre's not for profit tax manager
Nick and Alice will offer an overview of HMRC employment tax enquiries and provide a general update ahead of 6 April 2018
17:30 – 18:00 GDPR
- GDPR: How Prepared Are You?, Andy Friedman, CEO, PARN
Case studies from SIG members on what has been done/how challenges have been overcome in preparation for new regulations:
- Managing Data in a Voluntary Regulator, Belinda Phipps, Chief Executive, The Science Council
- tbc, Mark Blaney, Director of Finance and Resources, Royal College of Anaesthetists
18:00 – 19:00 Networking over drinks and canapés
Got a Question?
Please contact Natasha Afitska, our Finance SIG Coordinator, with any queries you may have. You can also call Natasha on 0117 928 1994
Please note, this is a free event for PARN members only.