About the role
Job Title: Research and Development Manager
Reporting to: Technical Director and Deputy CEO; and CEO
This is a senior role and the candidate will play a key part in contributing to the delivery of Airmic’s strategy, of which research is a priority.
The candidate will work in a flexible and dynamic team based in the Airmic offices in central London and will have the following responsibilities:
- Project management – Ensure that each project is expertly planned and executed and that the research is conducted to the highest standard;
- Research – Conduct qualitative and quantitative research projects. You will scope and develop thought leadership reports, technical guides and quantitative surveys involving interviews, analysis of results and the identification of key findings and the implications of these;
- Sponsor management – Manage research sponsors to ensure that they are appropriately engaged and involved at every stage in the process. You will also seek to understand the sponsor and their wider needs and think about other future opportunities;
- Report writing and presentation – Write thought leadership, how-to guides, whitepapers and survey reports, ranging in length from 5,000 to 15,000 words. These reports must be well structured and written, with the key findings made accessible. Additionally, you may be expected to present and/or chair roundtables/panels which contribute to the research or to stimulate debate at conferences
- Team work – A key part of our success is teamwork and you must work well with others and contribute to a supportive and inclusive working environment.
Knowledge and Experience Required
You will have:
- Mature project management skills
- A portfolio of previous qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Outstanding writing and editing skills in English and experience of authoring reports
- Advanced interpersonal and social media skills
- The ability to network successfully
- Experience in successfully managing business relationships
- Relevant qualifications and postgraduate experience
- Knowledge of business, risk or insurance is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role. We are looking for an outgoing and motivated candidate who can be effective in a small team.
How to apply
Airmic will offer a competitive package to the successful candidate appropriate to the level of their experience including a personal incentive programme based upon the successful completion of Key Performance Objectives. The usual employment benefits are available.
To apply or to register interest, please send your covering letter, CV, and links to or soft copy examples of your portfolio to: [email protected]
Closing Date:19 November 2017.