About the role
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Executive
Location: Sutton, Surrey
Salary: £24,000 - £27,000 pa dependent on experience
Hours: 35 hours per week with a degree of flexibility
The Marketing & Communications Executive will manage and deliver the Institute’s communications activity and play an integral role in meeting membership acquisition and retention targets, as well as promoting events, products and services to both member and non-member audiences.
As part of the project teams for these activities they will create the communications plans, undertake audience research, develop website content, plan and deliver digital and off-line marketing activity, optimise campaign performance using google analytics, evaluate success, and produce monthly reports.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and execute communications to the Institute’s current and potential stakeholders
- Produce all monthly membership email newsletters
- Plan and deliver online marketing campaigns to promote the Institute’s calendar of events, including webinars and face-to-face events at national and local level.
- Support the membership team to deliver targeted campaigns to promote membership and encourage renewal, using both direct and digital marketing.
- End to end delivery of promotional material as and when required to support business needs, including design and print production.
- Manage the Institute’s attendance at key industry events and represent the Institute in person as and when required at events across the UK.
- Brief communications campaigns to the Institute’s social media agency to ensure effective and innovative use of all channels (Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram)
- Ensure all marketing materials adhere to the corporate identity
- Uphold the IoH brand across all material, advising internal and external audiences on appropriate usage.
- Manage content on the website and champion good practice SEO
- Work in co-operation with colleagues to deliver the Institute’s aims and objectives of promoting excellence, enhancing education and facilitating learning
Skills and Knowledge:
- Graduate with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a marketing or communications role.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly in an appealing and inspiring manner and appropriately for the audience
- Experience using Mailchimp and Wordpress along with excellent IT skills including database interrogation, HTML design and understanding of Google Analytics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to research & collate and interrogate information accurately and efficiently
- Commercial and sales driven approach
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and to manage a number of different projects at any one time ensuring commitments are delivered within budget and on time.
- Experience of operating across all social media platforms
- CIM/IDM qualification desirable
- Experience of working in a membership based organisation or charity
- An interest in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries.
- Experience of dealing with a budget
- Highly motivated with an outgoing and positive attitude.
- Tenacious and diligent with a good head for detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks to differing daily and weekly deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Confident in dealing with people face to face
- Flexible approach to the work involved and able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team.
- Understanding and commitment to equal opportunities both for members of the Institute and in the workplace.
How to apply
Please submit your CV with a covering letter matching your experience to the skills and knowledge required, to Joanne Smith, Head of Executive Office: [email protected]
Closing date: 28 September 2018
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Institute of Hospitality is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.