About the role
Job Title: Lay Member for Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPReg)
Fee: £3600 a year for 10 days plus £360 for each additional day (£180 a day for attendance at events). Travel and other expenses will be reimbursed
There are currently 3 professional members on the Patent Regulation Board (PRB) and the Trade Mark Regulation Board (TRB) as well as 4 lay members who are common to both board. This structure creates a lay majority on both boards and when the two boards meet together as IPReg. Board Members will also be expected to serve as Directors of IPReg Limited.
As a Lay Member of IPReg your main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of IPReg’s work;
- Discuss and constructively challenge proposals and policies in an effective manner;
- Review delivery against agreed plans and policies;
- Work closely with other members of the IPReg Board to achieve IPReg’s objectives;
- Work and behave in a non-discriminatory way in all aspects of IPReg’s activities.
To help you decide if you wish to be considered for appointment to these posts, we have listed below the competencies that will be tested when assessing candidates. To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the competencies.
You will be required to demonstrate, by reference to recent examples, that you:
- have a sound record of achievement at a senior level, demonstrating an ability to command the confidence and support of the professions and third parties;
- understand IPReg’s priorities, the regulatory environment within which it operates and can contribute to the strategic direction of IPReg;
- have experience of analysing problems and issues and putting forward practical and cost-effective solutions;
- have experience of building relationships, influencing others and working effectively as part of a small team;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience of working with a range of stakeholders.
How to apply
If you are interested in the role and wish to apply please download the Candidate Information pack by clicking here. Please then submit a CV and covering letter to [email protected]. Covering letters should be no more than 2 sides of A4 and should outline how you meet the qualities required for the role of lay member making specific reference to the competencies required on page 4 of the information pack.
PARN are acting as recruiters on behalf of IPReg so if you wish to discuss the role please telephone Robert Pitts, PARN Head of Services, on 0117 929 4515 or e-mail [email protected]
Closing Date: Monday 15 January at 5pm
Interviews Held: Week Commencing 19 February 2018