About the role
Job Title: Independent Honorary Secretary
Location: Meetings are normally held four times a year, twice in York and twice in London.
Unremunerated but expenses will be paid
IPEM has a vacancy for an Independent Honorary Secretary (i.e. not a member of IPEM or the medical physics or clinical engineering professions) on the Board of Trustees of the Institute, to complement the knowledge and skills of current Trustees, who are physicists, engineers and technologists working in healthcare. Ideally, to address skills gaps on the Board, applicants should have a background and skills in either law, business or enterprise.
The position is unremunerated but expenses will be paid in line with the Institute’s expenses policy. The Board of Trustees normally meets four times a year, twice in York and twice in London.
The successful applicant will require:
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties and responsibilities of trusteeship, and of a Company Director
- Commitment to developing IPEM and support for its objectives
- Strategic vision, good independent judgement and creative thinking
- Willingness to speak their mind but be a team player
- Commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life
- Knowledge and/or experience of the not-for-profit sector, preferably as a Trustee or Director of a charitable company.
For more information including IPEM’s governing documents, current Trustees, committee structure, and latest Annual Report and Financial Statements, please visit our website at www.ipem.ac.uk.
How to apply
To discuss the role, please contact the Chief Executive Officer, Rosemary Cook CBE at [email protected] in the first instance to arrange a telephone call.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 21 September
Interview date: 10/11 October 2018 in York