About the role
Job Title: Chief Executive
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
The Chief Executive will guide the Institution through a period of structural reorganisation advising and guiding the Executive Board, implementing its strategic direction and managing the delivery of all business services.
Key duties include
- Initiating and contributing to policy formulation.
- Acting as Company Secretary ensuring compliance and due diligence in respect of the ILP’s status as a charity and a company.
- Managing the implementation of policy and strategy and reporting to Executive Board meetings.
- Liaising with governments and all other appropriate organisations fostering and developing relationships.
- Projecting the Institution at all levels and acting as ambassador for its objectives.
- Applicants will have senior experience within a professional or trade association and be an excellent communicator.
- They should be politically and diplomatically astute and with well-honed leadership skills.
- They must have experience of meetings management at senior level and dealing with multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Applicants will be analytical in their approach and able to deal with people at all levels.
- They will have business acumen, presence, gravitas and the ability to lead and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Unsocial hours and travel are an integral feature of the role.
How to apply
If you’re interested in this role, please apply by email to [email protected] giving details of your experience and aptitude for the job, together with salary expectation.
Closing date for applications – 30 November 2017
Interviews – w/c 11 December 2017
No agencies please