About the role
Job Title: Lay Members for Safety Committee
Fee: Unremunerated except for expenses
This is a voluntary role (unremunerated except for expenses) and offers an opportunity to contribute to the strategic development of , a leading medical organisation dedicated to promoting patient safety and quality of care in this country and worldwide. Safety is at the heart of the organisation’s activities. The Safety Committee plays a vital role in advising the Foundation board, responding to safety issues as they arise.
We seek a lay member with a strong interest in patient safety and a relevant background in safety.
The lay member will be a co-opted member of the committee and involved in all aspects of the Safety Committee’s work
The lay member could be an individual with a background in one or more of the following areas: patient safety issues, safety (possibly from another sector), multi disciplinary working in a related field, such as medical or social science research, , the pharmaceutical industry and equipment manufacturer.
The lay member will have the ability to contribute ideas and constructive challenge at a time of modernisation and development
Their personal characteristics we seek may include:
- Objectivity with an ability to act as a critical friend
- Experience of committee work
- Be available for three Safety Committee meetings a year (usually in London)
- Be a good communicator who is able to contribute views effectively in a multi-disciplinary, professional setting
- Be IT literate to allow some work to be carried out by email or via web-based links
- Committed to diversity and equality and supportive of the AAGBI diversity policy
How to apply
Expressions of interest are invited via a letter and CV to the Executive Director, Karin Pappenheim. Your application should address the role description and person specification. Please send your letter and CV to Karin Pappenheim at [email protected].
Closing Date: Monday 18 December
Interview Date: Wednesday 17 January