We are the organisation for the professional body sector. The Professional...
The Professional Body Benchmarking Survey (PBBS)Find out more about our major triennial project
Since 2003, we've been conducting Professional Body Benchmarking Surveys (PBBS) every three years. The PBBS tracks the progress of the professional body sector over an extensive period of time, giving you a detailed picture of how professional bodies are developing and how your organisation matches up in several key areas.
- Internal Operations and Governance - 6 February - 6 March
- Member Value and Member Relations - 10 April
- Professional Standards, Education & CPD - 12 June
How does it work?
You'll receive a survey invitation as we launch each section of the PBBS. As the PBBS covers a wide range of professional body relevant subjects, you might have to consult your colleagues to answer some of the questions. Luckily, you can save your progress and return to it whenever you're ready.
Once you've submitted the survey, we'll work hard behind the scenes to produce a personalised benchmarking report for your organisation, allowing you to monitor your progress against similar professional bodies and build an understanding of the sector as a whole.
If your organisation completes all three surveys, you'll be entered into our competition to win a year of free PARN membership.
Fill out our governance survey to be in with a chance of winning a £100 Amazon voucher!*
Governance survey now open!
The first survey of the 2018 PBBS is now open! To receive your free personalised benchmarking report, just complete the survey on behalf of your organisation.
This survey covers topics concerning governance and internal operations including:
- Organisation details, such as head office location, sector and functions.
- Governance information, such as governance structure, governing body size and composition, quality of governance, governance roles, committees.
- Internal operations, including number of staff, nature of senior roles, number of volunteers, roles of volunteers.
Who should complete this survey?
This survey is suitable for CEOs, senior staff, or anyone leading in governance or operations.
Please note that we only require one person per organisation to fill out this survey.
Got a question about the PBBS? Contact us to have a chat.Take the survey
"This was incredibly useful for the governance review I undertook for Council"
Ria Robinson, Director of Director of Membership & Governance, Association of Corporate Treasurers
Read our Previous Reports
"This report will greatly help us in our ongoing review of our own governance."
David Cullen, Registrar, The Law Society of Scotland
* Winner will be selected by random prize draw after the survey closes on 6 March, after which the winner will be informed by email.