Updated for 2023 with the latest PARN Research
5 December 2023
10.00 am to 4.00pm
Take part in a mix of interactive sessions, video case studies, presentations and individual reflection in a friendly environment. You'll receive guidance from our Deputy CEO, Robert Pitts.
We'll start at 10:00am and finish at 4:00pm with teas, coffee, refreshments and lunch provided.
You will receive a virtual training folder full of supplementary information to support your learning on this topic, along with copies of course slides and case studies.
Which themes will I explore?
- Introduction to governance of professional bodies: structures and processes
- Principles and evidence of good corporate governance and board competencies
- Legal responsibilities of directors or trustees
How will I deepen my understanding?
- Develop a comprehensive perspective on the governance of professional bodies
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of your own governance structure and processes
- Compare traditional representative Councils vs ‘private sector’ Executive Boards
- Learn about PARN’s Cupped Hands model of governance
- Review the legal responsibilities of directors and trustees
- Consider the competencies required of members of the governing body
- Review best practice processes, such as: nominations committees, induction, evaluation
- Consider the processes of implementing change in governance
- Learn how to avoid pitfalls when implementing change in governance
- Appreciate the future of professional body governance
“Very worthwhile, I have ideas I now want to explore.”
Group Company Secretary
Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
"I go on training courses and only 10% is relevant to me, but this course has been completely relevant to my role and organisation."
The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
"Exceptionally valuable for personal CPD and for organisational development.”
Skills Strategy Manager
Institute of Conservation
Member Price: £295 + VAT (£354 including VAT)
Non-Member Price: £495 + VAT (£594 including VAT)
Register or sign in now to book your place!