About the role
Job Title: Lay Members for Professional Conduct Committee
This is a voluntary position
The Professional Conduct Committee (PCC) oversees the UKCP Complaints and Conduct Process (CCP).
The CCP investigates clinical concerns and complaints made against its practitioners on the UKCP register. The role of the PCC is to have oversight of the decisions made by UKCP Case Managers in accordance with the CCP, and ensure that due process is followed.
The PCC composes of a Lay Chair, and an even mix of professional and lay members.
We are seeking to recruit a lay member who is not a UKCP member, or employee and is not from a health or psychological profession.
Applicants will be expected to attend the scheduled meetings.
Dates for 2019 are listed below:
- 23 May 2019 – Face to Face at UKCP office, London
- 4 July 2019- Teleconference
- 15 August 2019 – Teleconference
- 26 September 2019 – Face to Face at UKCP office, London
- 7 November 2019 – Teleconference
- 19 December 2019 – Teleconference
There are also some ad hoc meetings that may require attendance throughout the year.
Lay member positions are not remunerated but travel and other expenses are payable.
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- The ability to interpret legal advice and to determine the most appropriate application of UKCP procedures
- Experience of deadline with complaints
- The ability to assimilate often complex documents in advance of meetings
- The ability to participate in meetings and group decision-making during difficult case work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of tribunal or committee work (desirable)
How to apply
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here for the Employee/Volunteer Privacy Notice
Closing Date: 5pm on Thursday 28 March 2019.
Interviews on Wednesday 10 April 2019 at the UKCP Office, London.