Robert Pitts joined PARN in early 2016 as Head of Services.
Robert started working in the third sector back in 1988 - as an Area Appeals Manager with NSPCC. After nearly five years he was approached to head up and develop a new 'outward bound' charity, which supported children and young people living in inner cities. Robert then moved on to work with the National Trust.
Since that time he’s held a variety of director and CEO positions with organisations as diverse as Bristol Cancer Help Centre, Relate, Butterfly Conservation and SPAN.
Robert coordinates and develops all operational activity at PARN, including membership, events, communications and finance. He also brings his extensive experience of business and membership development to the team, as well as his knowledge of marketing and fundraising.
We encourage our members and other stakeholders to contact Robert with requests and feedback on any of PARN’s services.
Recent projects include:
- Search and Selection consultancy work for the Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPReg)
- Governance and board training with the British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Effective Chair and Running Meetings workshop with the British Veterinary Association (BVA)
- Governance workshops with the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS)
- Teaching PARN training courses