Become familiar with innovative methods for supporting ethical
competence of your members.
Learn about good practice in the design of
ethical codes and how to analyze your own organisation’s ethical code.
course is aimed at senior staff concerned with developing and managing
strategies to raise the ethical standards of their members or registrants
through positive supports for ethical codes and ethical competence.
The course focuses on 3 themes:
- Distinguishing ethical from technical competence
- Supporting ethical competence
- Analysis of ethical codes and principles of good design
Course Delivery & Materials
The day will combine a mix of interactive sessions, video
case studies, presentations and time for individual reflection. Start time is
9:30am and end time 5:00pm with coffee, tea and lunch provided.
Course is delivered by Prof Andy Friedman, CEO of PARN
and Christina Williams Head of Research at PARN
In addition to the two course
texts, Analysing Ethical Codes of UK Professional Bodies and Ethical Competence and Professional Associations, you will receive a
Training Folder full of supplementary information to support your learning on
this topic, along with copies of course slides, case studies and good practice
Who is the
course aimed at?
- Staff involved in development and
revision of ethical codes and guidance
- Staff responsible for supporting and
advising on ethical competence
- Discover how to analyse ethical codes
- Learn to assess the quality of your
- Learn how others are supporting the
- Learn how others are developing
strategies to support the ethical competence of their members/registrants
- Consider a range of other supports for
Book online below...