We wanted to investigate the role of the internet in CPD and look at how professional associations are using internet technologies to support strategic objectives.
The areas we look at in this report are:
- The nature and range of online CPD facilities being used
- Strategic reasons for using online CPD facilities
- Connectivity to other systems
- Relationships with online CPD software suppliers
- Benefits and costs
- Member response
- Lessons learnt and problems overcome
"Fact: Advice for those about to embark on implementing online CPD
systems includes: project manage; keep it simple; test with your
members; consider pros and cons of off-the-shelf vs bespoke systems;
We surveyed 54 professional bodies in the UK, Ireland and Canada, conducted telephone interviews with 18 professional bodies and analysed 6 online CPD suppliers. This research was supported by 6 PARN members and completed in 2007.
Download the report on below:
If you found this interesting, you may also be interested in...